|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Hospitality / Food and Beverage
|Education Level||High school or equivalent|
|Minimum experience (years)||2|
|Salary / Month||2280|
|Currency||AED - UAE Dirham|
• Present menu options of the day to guests and answer questions regarding menu items, when required
• Serve food and beverages to guests using silver service and banqueting techniques
• Remove dishware and glassware from tables and take them to the kitchen for cleaning. Clean and re-prepare all tables once customers have finished dining.
• Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods, answering questions on dietary requirements i.e. vegetarian, halal, allergies etc.
• Ensure all beverages are toped up during evening banquets and dinners.
• Show customers to their tables in the banqueting halls, pointing out all the closest exits and amenities.
• Prepare tables for banquets. Ensure they are presentable and to the required standards
• Ensure service areas are stocked with extra supplies such as napkins, cutlery and glassware for use during service.
• Lead the waiting time by example.
• Responsible for refreshments for senior managers for lunches, meetings and conferences.
• Immediately notify the manager of any safety issues or concerns. Maintain a safe place of work.
• Carry out, to the best of your ability, all tasks assigned by the supervisor or manager.
• Always maintain a clean and tidy appearance. Uniform must be worn and should be clean and in a good state of repair.
• Minimum high school diploma or certificate.
• Certificate or diploma in catering or hospitality is desirable.
• HSE certificate in food hygiene and food handling.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a waiter or banqueting and large events.
• Experience of banqueting serving methods.
• Proven experience of supervising a team of waiting on staff.
• Experience of working safely in food preparation areas following all hygiene regulations.
• Able to provide excellent customer service to guests.
• Knowledge of food preparation methods and cooking techniques.
• Knowledge of banqueting and large scale catering for galar dinners and senior staff.
• Knowledge of health hazards in food service and precautionary measures.
• Experience of safe working practices.
Total Salary: AED 2,280 inclusive of Overtime.